Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Richard Davies <ri...@libelis.com> on 2002/10/23 11:08:11 UTC

Cookie problems

I am having trouble getting cookies to work with JMeter.

My environment: Jmeter 1.8 on Solaris and have tried with j2sdk1.4.0_02 and
j2sdk1.4.1_01 (I have also tried Jmeter 1.7.3 with j2sdk1.3.1). Websphere
Application Server using IBM HTTP Server (ie Apache). My app runs on port 9080
(this caused a slight problem because when I set this port number in the HTTP
Default Request, it seems to be ignored)

The problem: Despite having added a HTTP Cookie Manager to my Thread Group, I
can't get my session cookies managed for the application. When I hit the first
page, the View Results Tree shows the following header:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: WebSphere Application Server/4.0

This seems fine. However, on all subsequent requests, there is no cookie in the
header. For example, the next page header contains:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: WebSphere Application Server/4.0

and finally:
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server: WebSphere Application Server/4.0

I am not an expert with cookies of HTTP. I figured this is a cookie error
because my test app fails at the same point when I use my browser and block
cookies to my test app.

I have the same results with GET and POST (and toggling follow redirects and
use keepalive seems to make no difference either).

Any hints would be appreciated. Is there any position that the Cookie Manager
must be in the Thread Group (I've tried at the start and at the end and even
outside it)? Is there anything that I need to change in the jmeter.properties
so that this works ok under Solaris? Anything else I have missed?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Re: Cookie problems

Posted by Richard Davies <ri...@libelis.com>.
OK - Mea Culpa - there's no problems with cookie management in JMeter.

For anyone who's interested, I missed out a post that was in charge of the
login. Fairly obvious, although I'm using an environment where I don't know the
application at all (and don't know HTTP/Servlets that well either) but I found
the Ethereal network sniffer extremely useful in determining where my problems
were.

Regards,
Richard