Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andy Benjamin <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/26 22:55:36 UTC

Customized Customize Page

Greetings all!

I have a portlet that I can currently customize by clicking on the customize
icon and enter values.  I would like to make a customized customize page
instead of using the default one that lists out all the values in a long
table.   Is there an example of how to do this type of customization?  Can I
use a jsp (which is what I want to use) instead of a velocity template to do
this?  Thanks.

Andy

RE: Customized Customize Page

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Take a look at the Database Browser Test portlet - it overrides the default
customizer. I don't believe there's a JSP example but the functionality
should be the same as in Velocity. In the registry entry for your portlet,
set "customizeTemplate" to your customizer template and
"provides.customization" to true).

BTW: I'm not sure what is that you don't like about the default customizer
but using parameter styles can totally change the look and feel of the
parameters.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/