Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by scott <sc...@evolove.net> on 2003/06/04 17:33:42 UTC

Cocoon and XML-RPC

Hi ppls,

Just been playing with Cocoon, don't really understand too much yet but I it
looks promising! I'm playing around with the idea of using XML-RPC to
retrieve data from another IT system, then I want to format (serialize?) it
into XHTML for the end user to interact with (read: fill out forms, post, go
to next page, repeat, etc)

Do you think Cocoon is right for this kind of concept? Obviously I'll need
to write business logic also, but some of that may be abstracted behind the
XML-RPC interface, allowing the other app to make some decisions on webapp
flow etc.

I was also looking at Maverick, which looks a bit less 'heavy' than Cocoon.

thoughts? please CC me on replies as I'm subscribed to the digest only.

regards,
Scott