Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2007/05/15 20:04:34 UTC

Attention, release managers and release note smiths

I have clipped a patch to DERBY-2570. This is the first rev of a tool
for generating the release notes from some JIRA reports and a
templatized release description. I'm hoping this will be useful for
building the 10.3 release notes. It would be great to get feedback
soon--I'm going on vacation next week and there won't be a lot of time
to sand this down after I get back.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: Attention, release managers and release note smiths

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 5/15/07, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
>> I have clipped a patch to DERBY-2570. This is the first rev of a tool
>> for generating the release notes from some JIRA reports and a
>> templatized release description. I'm hoping this will be useful for
>> building the 10.3 release notes. It would be great to get feedback
>> soon--I'm going on vacation next week and there won't be a lot of time
>> to sand this down after I get back.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Rick
>>
> The one thing I realized is that everyone needs to go back to the
> issues that required release notes, rewrite them using the new
> template, and attach them to the appropriate JIRA issues as file
> 'releaseNote.html'...
>
> Myrna
Hi Myrna,

I fed the generator a list of issues marked "fix in 10.3" and "release
note needed". The good news is that 5 issues already have release notes
in the new format. The generator reported that the following issues need
to have their notes converted:

genrelnotes:
[generateReleaseNotes] The following JIRA issues still need release notes:
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-2430     setObject(int targetType, Blob
source) and setObject(int targetType, Clob source) should disallow
updates on all targetTypes except BLOB and CLOB respectively
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-2108    Implement SSL/TLS communication
between client and server
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-1491    Provide ALTER TABLE
functionality to change a column's default value
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-1130    Client should not allow
databaseName to be set with setConnectionAttributes
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-729    Scalar time and date functions
return 0 instead NULL when argument is NULL
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-688    Enhancements to XML
functionality to move toward XPath/XQuery support...
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-415    sysinfo with -cp client option
should not print error saying DB2 jar file and driver class are missing
[generateReleaseNotes]     DERBY-119    Add ALTER TABLE option to change
column from NULL to NOT NULL

Regards,

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.