Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "swhupp@frontier.com" <sw...@frontier.com> on 2014/01/05 18:48:56 UTC

Editing box timing out on me

I lost a bunch of work this afternoon when I tried to save and apparently the wiki had kicked me out. My fault, just mentioning it.

Does the wiki accept cut and pasted plain text well? I've got a pretty good feel for the markup now, I think I'll just write in a text editor and paste in to the wiki editor. Have others had success doing it that way?

Also, is there any way to keep me signed in to the wiki longer? It seems to kick me out at any time without warning. At least, can it provide a warning?

I'm off to redo the work before the snow buries me.

Steven Hupp

Re: Editing box timing out on me

Posted by "swhupp@frontier.com" <sw...@frontier.com>.

I did a cut and paste from Notepad++ and it worked just fine. I'll do that from now on.

Yes, this is on Mediawiki. Thank you!

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl>.
swhupp@frontier.com schreef op 5-1-2014 18:48:
> I lost a bunch of work this afternoon when I tried to save and apparently the wiki had kicked me out. My fault, just mentioning it.
>

> Does the wiki accept cut and pasted plain text well? I've got a pretty good feel for the markup now, I think I'll just write in a text editor and paste in to the wiki editor. Have others had success doing it that way?
>
> Also, is there any way to keep me signed in to the wiki longer? It seems to kick me out at any time without warning. At least, can it provide a warning?
>

> I'm off to redo the work before the snow buries me.
>
> Steven Hupp

Steven,

there should be no problem in the "copy & paste"-approach with plain text.

I myself do it quite often. I also do partial format in the plain text
using Notepad++.

Assuming you are talking about the Mediawiki. I've no experience with
the Confluence-wiki.

I'm not aware of a timelimit on Mwiki.

--
DiGro