Posted to user@struts.apache.org by adam kramer <ad...@monkey.org> on 2002/09/24 18:11:36 UTC

frames and struts

I realize this question has been asked before but I could not find any
definitive answers.

Has anyone successfully used struts and frames together in an MVC
framework? If so, could you please email me or the list outlining how you
did it. You would save my sanity. Please, no replies saying "don't use
frames."

thanks,
Adam K.

Re: frames and struts

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I don't see how this is a Struts-related issue.  The only problem I see
you possibly having is trampling on session-scoped variables if multiple
frames are updating the session concurrently.  This can be dealt with by
using syncronized methods/blocks - but still isn't a Struts issue :-)
 It's just your typical, every-day threading issue.

--
Eddie Bush

Re: frames and struts

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Be aware that you need to be going through actions if you want your
configuration provided for things like <html:form>.  Only by going
through the controller are you able to have vital configuration
information placed in the request - hitting JSP pages alone will not do it.

... sounds to me like that might be your problem.

--
Eddie Bush

Re: frames and struts

I realize this question has been asked before but I could not find any
definitive answers.

Has anyone successfully used struts and frames together in an MVC
framework? If so, could you please email me or the list outlining how you
did it. You would save my sanity. Please, no replies saying "don't use
frames."

thanks,
Adam K.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: frames and struts

Posted by Anand Belaguly <an...@edgesoftinc.com>.
Frames work fine with Struts.We just need to solve the same
Everyday threading issues for syncronization...etc, but other
Than that, it works perfect.

We implemented a 100 jsp,300 action, 60 form project successfully
With frames and Struts.

Anand