Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Prashanth Thavutam <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/25 02:53:42 UTC

AccessControl service

Hi,

I am a bit confused between AccessControl services as which one should I use, RegistryAccessControl(RAC) or TurbineAccessControl(TAC). We are planning to store everything in database. To my understanding, TAC uses psml stored in the database, whereas RAC uses file system(I may not be true). When I comment TAC and uncomment RAC class in properties file, application works fine, but the other way it shows 'You do not have access to these portlets' error message.
If TAC is trying to get ACL from database, which table should be pre-populated?. I don't see any data in JETSPEED_ACL table?.

I appreciate any help in making me understand how these two Controllers work.

Regards,
Prashanth

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

Re: AccessControl service

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 05:53  PM, Prashanth Thavutam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a bit confused between AccessControl services as which one should
> I use, RegistryAccessControl(RAC) or TurbineAccessControl(TAC). We are
> planning to store everything in database. To my understanding, TAC
> uses psml stored in the database, whereas RAC uses file system(I may
> not be true). When I comment TAC and uncomment RAC class in properties
> file, application works fine, but the other way it shows 'You do not
> have access to these portlets' error message.
> If TAC is trying to get ACL from database, which table should be
> pre-populated?. I don't see any data in JETSPEED_ACL table?.
>
> I appreciate any help in making me understand how these two
> Controllers work.

Its been a while since I looked at the TAC, last time I checked it was
working, long time ago.
The default is now to use RAC, which has much more features and Im
afraid that TAC has not been updated in a while.
I will test it today and see what the problem is. Hopefully its as
simple as adding some SQL statements to the database population scripts