Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2013/05/02 04:04:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0

Hi,
I managed to spend half my day (!!!) pushing this release and getting
to know as much as I
could about how we do thing now we've migrated to Git for SCM.

I have some things to explain here. There are no "staging binaries",
as per our release
instructions. Additionally there is no "staging site". If this is a
major issue then we will
need to cut another RC and get this stuff sorted out. I can
unequivocally state that I will
need some direction here. Finally, I disabled the RAT plugin, as it
was flagging issues with
the .git directory when I executed the mvn release.

Anyways, now the RC itself...

We solved a chunk of
issues:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312323&version=12319885

Git source tag:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=any23.git;a=commit;h=28f246e38c8b1d400be8a3b170a06825b731d10e

Staging repo:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheany23-161

PGP release keys (signed using
4E21557F):https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=any23-committers.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=HEAD

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thank you very much... I am so glad that we've reached this stage.

Lewis

[ ] +1, let's get it ruuuumbleeeeee!!!
[ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
[ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Forward as I seem to not be subscribed from my @apache.org address.

Thank you

Lewis

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Review of Any23 0.8.0 (vote called 2/5/2013)

- No license header on 3 source files.
- Not sure about NOTICE/LICENSE because MIT software included in source.

otherwise looks OK.

== Process

Signature on source release (zip and tar.gz): good

Build from git tag: yes

Build from source: yes

LICENSE and NOTICE:

NOTICE for the source-release file is minimal.

LICENSE is Apache only (assumes no inclusions of source from BSD e.g.
Sesame because BSD says:
"""
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
"""
)

** No license header on 3 source files:

./core/src/main/java/org/apache/any23/extractor/csv/CSVExtractorFactory.java

./core/src/test/java/org/apache/any23/extractor/example/ExampleExtractorFactory.java

./plugins/office-scraper/src/main/java/org/apache/any23/plugin/officescraper/ExcelExtractorFactory.java

** JQuery is MIT:
   ./service/src/main/webapp/resources/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js

which includes:
"""
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
"""

so I expected something in NOTICE and LICENSE because it is not in
jquery-1.7.2.min.js itself and this condition is inherited by any one
redistributing Any23.

== Other

+ DISCLAIMER is an empty file.
+ Top level LICENSE-header.txt is confusing - there is a real
LICENSE.txt as well (put in a subdirectory?)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
ps here's my +1

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
ps here's my +1

Re: [] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 02/05/13 03:04, lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
(/me notes the timestamp)

> We solved a chunk of
> issues:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312323&version=12319885
>
> Git source tag:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=any23.git;a=commit;h=28f246e38c8b1d400be8a3b170a06825b731d10e
>
> Staging repo:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheany23-161

Lewis - could you confirm that the official source file for the release
(the true "product" of the release) is this file:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheany23-161/org/apache/any23/apache-any23/0.8.0/apache-any23-0.8.0-src.zip

?

	Andy