Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com> on 2003/09/19 10:15:07 UTC

Re: Hi...and errors while unit testing - o.a.g.remoting.transport.AsyncTransportTest hangs

Andrew Sondgeroth wrote:
> Really quiet!  I was starting to wonder if my "Geronimo" folder in
> Outlook was too pooped out and was refusing to accept anymore emails.
> :)

Hehe, I've been thinking the same ;-) I couldn't believe I had finally
managed the traffic on the list - the amount of email keeps getting down
rather than the opposite.

Am I only one who sees problems while unit testing?
./modules/core/src/test/org/apache/geronimo/remoting/transport/AsyncTransportTest.java
still hangs and the only way to build Geronimo is to invoke 'maven
-Dmaven.test.skip=true build'. It happens on Cygwin 1.5.4 (on Win2k) +
Sun JDK 1.4.2_01 as well as HP-UX 11.0 + HP JDK 1.4.1.04. Anyone has any
clue as to what am I supposed to look at. Unless I manage it today, I'm
going to report a bug in JIRA.

> -a

-Jacek

Re: Hi...and errors while unit testing - o.a.g.remoting.transport.AsyncTransportTest hangs

Posted by "n. alex rupp" <ru...@umn.edu>.
No, you're not insane.  I got these errors as well.  I'm going to *scrape*
the cvsandbox and pull down a fresh version & try it again before I condemn
anyone to an eternal vacation in Hell, though ;-P

--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com>.
Elias Sinderson wrote:

> I got a clean build just a couple days ago by just typing maven at the
> top of the CVS tree. The system I built on was a Sun Blade, running
> Solaris 2.8 + Java 1.4.1_05. Prior to that, using Java 1.4.1_01, I saw
> tha same hanging behavior when the AsyncTransportTest was run. I suspect
> it is a Java version issue...

Hi Elias,

Unfortunatelly, the JDK versions I'm testing on are the latest ones.
Probably, we'll end up with a Wiki page about what configurations the
unit tests do *not* pass on.

> Regards,
> Elias

-Jacek

Re: Hi...and errors while unit testing - o.a.g.remoting.transport.AsyncTransportTest hangs

Posted by Elias Sinderson <el...@cse.ucsc.edu>.