Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by shivaji raju b <sh...@stagsoftware.com> on 2006/05/26 08:41:52 UTC

Data parametarization in Distributed Jmeter setup

Hi all,

I am using Jmeter in a distributed setup. I have 2 jmeter sessions running
on remote machines using jmeter-server.bat. These two are controlled by the
master Jmeter UI.

I have tried to use counters to parametarize the data. When i initiate the
test for 5 threads the same counter values 1,2,3,4,5 are being assigned for
both jmeter sessions. Ideally i wanted different set of data being sent to
different jmeter sessions. I would like to have counter values 1,2 ,3,4,5
used for Jmeter session1 and Counter values 6,7, 8,9,10 used for jmeter
session2.

How can i send different sets of data for different Jmeter session running
in Distributed setup..

Please provide some inputs regarding this.

Thanks
Shivaji Raju B
STAG Software Private Limited
#192, Airport Road, Domlur
Bangalore-560071

www.stagsoftware.com

Re: Data parametarization in Distributed Jmeter setup

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/05/06, shivaji raju b <sh...@stagsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Jmeter in a distributed setup. I have 2 jmeter sessions running
> on remote machines using jmeter-server.bat. These two are controlled by the
> master Jmeter UI.
>
> I have tried to use counters to parametarize the data. When i initiate the
> test for 5 threads the same counter values 1,2,3,4,5 are being assigned for
> both jmeter sessions. Ideally i wanted different set of data being sent to
> different jmeter sessions. I would like to have counter values 1,2 ,3,4,5
> used for Jmeter session1 and Counter values 6,7, 8,9,10 used for jmeter
> session2.
>
> How can i send different sets of data for different Jmeter session running
> in Distributed setup..
>
> Please provide some inputs regarding this.

There is no way currently to pass anything from the client to the
server apart from the test plan itself, so you need to ensure that the
testplan behaves as desired when run on the remote host.

You could set the start counter from a property, and define the
property differently on the servers.

Or you could read the value from a file using CSV Data Set.

Note that jmeter.properties and datafiles are not copied to the server
in client-server mode, so you need to make sure they are present on
all the server nodes.

This means that you can use different files on each node.