Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@luers.qosina.com> on 1997/01/22 16:48:50 UTC

[BUG]: "Very little performences compared to the 1.1.1 version" on Linux (fwd)

no ack.

Philippe.Gresse@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr said:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Wed Jan 22 07:14:21 1997
> From: Philippe.Gresse@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr
> To: awm@qosina.com
> Date: Wed Jan 22  4:15:23 1997
> Subject: [BUG]: "Very little performences compared to the 1.1.1 version" on Linux
>
> Submitter: Philippe.Gresse@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr
> Operating system: Linux, version: 2.0.27
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1 & 1.2b3
> Extra Modules used: one developped by me
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> The performances of the server are very less
> than with the 1.1.1 version.
> I've just modified 4 lines in my modules for the
> new API, compiled the 1.2b3 with the same modules
> and the same config file.
> The transfert rate is about 50% fewer than before!
> More: the number of processes to answer the
> requests was about 20 (max of 30), and now, the
> server uses all I give it! (ie my little 486 is
> overloaded!)
>
> Info: The server gets about 200-300connexions/min
> each generates an average of 11,3kB/req (status
> module)
>
> --
>
> Backtrace:

                                        | Aram Mirzadeh
I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol| MIS Manager
that some thinkle peep I am.            | Qosina Corp.
It's just the drunker I sit here the    | http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
longer I get.                           | awm@qosina.com
                			| Apache httpd - awm@hyperreal.com
	   -- PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html --
	  -- BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0 --