Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2014/01/04 21:11:28 UTC

Re: National web sites

Hi,

Now that 4.1.0 is approaching for Norwegian too, we should refresh http://www.openoffice.org/no/

Should we simply start with http://www.openoffice.org/nl-template/ ? Looks pretty up to date except the social media logos missing.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: National web sites

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
CC:ing some of the other Norwegian language contributors - any objections to nuking the old site and starting afresh as proposed below? Who could take the first stab at this in time for 4.1 release?

Re: National web sites

Re: National web sites

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: National web sites

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: Lithuanian Webpage

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
> I go to this website : http://www.openoffice.org/eu-test. and what should I
> do then?
The webpage is set up to test the translation 1) once the translation
has been done, 2) the translated files have been returned to Rob, 3) and
Rob has uploaded them to the host server of the AOO website.
> What is the ZIP file?
A compressed folder containing the files to be translated and returned
to Rob.

Regards,

Aivaras

Re: Lithuanian Webpage

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 11/05/2014 03:23, Anupong Chaiwong wrote:
> I go to this website : http://www.openoffice.org/eu-test. and what should I
> do then? What is the ZIP file?

This is a mailing list where we coordinate all activities. That test was
not meant to be done by you or me, but by the Basque volunteers who
wanted to update the Basque site.

In your case (Thai) http://www.openoffice.org/th/ now contains a link to
the wiki page https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/TH (that you can now
edit) and no other content. Let's start with this. Later, if you want to
go for a full website translation (about 30 pages) ask and we will
prepare the ZIP file for you too.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Lithuanian Webpage

Posted by Anupong Chaiwong <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lithuanian Webpage

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Lithuanian Webpage

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.

Re: FW: National web sites

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I see that the basque
> website is outdated, but I do not know how exactly I could work to
> update it.
>

> I have read the
> instructions on the http://openoffice.apache.org/website-native.html
> page but still I am not able to do anything; not because the
> instructions are bad, but because I do not understand quite well the
> informaticians' language. For instance, I do not know what is exactly
> a ”svn copy” or how “publish via the CMS”.
>

> Any way, I think that I am
> going to be able to translate HTML files because I have a small
> experience doing it.
>

> I would like to start
> doing things like in the third approach in the forwarded Rob's message
> (Brazilian Portuguese)

In that example you would translate just the home page's text.  The
links on that page would then link to English pages.  That is an good
way to start.  It is easy to then add more translated pages later.
For example, the download page is a good 2nd page to have translated.

FW: National web sites

Posted by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com>.

Hi

Re: National web sites