Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sathyakumar Seshachalam <Sa...@Trimble.com> on 2015/10/28 09:55:36 UTC

Kafka console producer stuck

Am trying to get started on Kafka and following instructions on http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#quickstart.
Am setting up on a single broker. I got as far as creating topics and listing them, but when I try kafka-console-producer.sh  to add messages, I ended up in below error.

[2015-10-28 14:14:46,140] WARN Property topic is not valid (kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties).

My google searches generally hinted that I should set the right value for “advertised.host.name”, But setting that has no effect.
Any help overcoming this will be appreciated.

Am running version kafka_2.11-0.8.2.1.tgz on OS X.

Regards,
Sathya

Re: Kafka console producer stuck

Posted by Sathyakumar Seshachalam <Sa...@Trimble.com>.
Thanks.

Worked like a charm.

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sathyakumar Seshachalam <Sa...@Trimble.com>.
Hi Grant,

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sathya,

Posted by Sathyakumar Seshachalam <Sa...@Trimble.com>.

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems (from VerifiableProperties.scala -
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/utils/VerifiableProperties.scala#L224)