Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Bhargav Sai <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/21 12:36:36 UTC

Segments file not found in Solr Index

Hi Everyone,

We have a solr cloud (with 5 nodes, 1 shard per node). We moved the index to a different cluster to perform disaster recovery and reverted back once the exercise is finished.

However, we are seeing that segments file is missing in 4 shards and we are seeing error like below.

SolrCoreInitalizationException: SolrCore 'solrprodshard2' is not available due to init failure: Error opening new searcher <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71952038/solrcoreinitalizationexception-solrcore-solrprodshard2-is-not-available-due-t>

In Trace, it is mentioned that segments file not found.

How do we bring back the solr cloud to original state?

Any thoughts/help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Bhargav.