Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2006/11/12 01:46:34 UTC

1.2.5?

I volunteer to RM 1.2.5 a week from now. Any objections?

-gregor

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss escribió:
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>> I've been thinking is is a worth to wait for xerces and xalan newer
>>> version. They had plans to release before end November. In the same
>>> way we may push a cocoon release right after xalan and xerces release
>>> and the lenya. wdyt?
>>
>> i doubt that will change things. i tried with the latest xalan /
>> xerces versions, in addition to the ones we currently have in lenya.
> Xalan claims some performance improvements. it may help lenya rendering,
> which is quite fast.
>>
>> i don't care either way, but think it is pathetic that we haven't
>> released since june 2005. we could always do a new release in january
>> or so.
> You are right. We should release ASAP. The 1.2.5-dev code is pretty
> stable, we had been using it for our intranet since the latest batch of
> changes I did to make it work in java 1.5.

+ 1

[ ... ]

Jann

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss escribió:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking is is a worth to wait for xerces and xalan newer
>> version. They had plans to release before end November. In the same
>> way we may push a cocoon release right after xalan and xerces release
>> and the lenya. wdyt?
>
> i doubt that will change things. i tried with the latest xalan /
> xerces versions, in addition to the ones we currently have in lenya.
Xalan claims some performance improvements. it may help lenya rendering,
which is quite fast.

> i don't care either way, but think it is pathetic that we haven't
> released since june 2005. we could always do a new release in january
> or so.
You are right. We should release ASAP. The 1.2.5-dev code is pretty
stable, we had been using it for our intranet since the latest batch of
changes I did to make it work in java 1.5.

> the windows version should not hold things up though. from what i can
> tell, it is completely unmaintained. i used to care about it and do
> the occasional work on the installer, and testing on windows, but my
> need for lenya on windows has disappeared. if there is someone willing
> to maintain it, lets hear it, otherwise i suggest we discontinue the
> windows binaries / installer.
I wonder if some people is using Lenya binaries in windows. I know of
few people using the source code for development on windows platform and
deploy on linux/BSD machines.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss escribió:

>>> it is still 1.4. even recompiling with jdk 1.4.2 didn't solve the
>>> problem. does it work on unix?
>>
>> It works on linux, yesterday I compiled lenya 1.2.5 with cocoon
>> 2.1.10-dev trunk and java 1.5 and it worked.
>

> interesting. i am pondering skipping the windows build, and just
> releasing 1.2.5 src tarball and the linux binaries.
>
> wdyt?

well, if there is nobody volunteering to take a closer look for Windows,
then
this probably makes sense.

Michi

Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>
>>> I volunteer to RM 1.2.5 a week from now. Any objections?
>>

>> i put the releases up on http://people.apache.org/~gregor/
>>
>> please test, and vote on the release, as per our guidelines.
>>
>> if there are no issues, i will push them to dist sometime next week.
>

> hmm, unfortunately it is pretty busted on windows :(
>
> seems there are still issues with jdk 1.5?

AFAIK has java 1.4 as target and not 1.5 or has this recently been changed?

Michi

> i see lots of
>
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\apache-lenya-1.2.5\build\lenya\webapp\lenya\pubs\default\content\live\index\cnn\index_en.xml
> (The system cannot find the path specified)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
>     at
> sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:70)
>
>     at
> sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:161)
>
>     at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown
> Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.lenya.xml.DocumentHelper.readDocument(DocumentHelper.java:120)
>     at
> org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.xsp.DocumentReferencesHelper.getInternalLinks(DocumentReferencesHelper.java:92)
>
>     at
> org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.xsp.DocumentReferencesHelper.getReferences(DocumentReferencesHelper.java:132)

Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>> I volunteer to RM 1.2.5 a week from now. Any objections?
>>
>> i put the releases up on http://people.apache.org/~gregor/
>>
>> please test, and vote on the release, as per our guidelines.
>

> did anyone test? can i get some +1? :)

I did not test on the people server but we run a svn version corresponding
to 1.2.5 on our productive sites without major problems.

Therefore + 1 from me .

Thanks for organizing the release!

Jann

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>
>>> I volunteer to RM 1.2.5 a week from now. Any objections?
>>

>> i put the releases up on http://people.apache.org/~gregor/
>>
>> please test, and vote on the release, as per our guidelines.
>

> did anyone test?

not yet, but will try soon

Michi

> can i get some +1? :)

Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>>
>>> i put the releases up on http://people.apache.org/~gregor/
>>>
>>> please test, and vote on the release, as per our guidelines.
>>
>> did anyone test? can i get some +1? :)
>
> a release requires a lazy majority: 3 binding +1 and more +1 than -1.
>
> no votes, no release..
>
> http://lenya.apache.org/guidelines.html

i retract this release. insufficient interest. the test tarballs have
been removed.

-gregor

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

[VOTE] Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.2.5?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> I volunteer to RM 1.2.5 a week from now.

great

thanks

Michi

> Any objections?