Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Farid Izem <fa...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 09:32:05 UTC

Multiple Realm in Tomcat

Hi all,

I have successufully configure my Tomcat to use ldap service to authenticate
my users.
Now, i would like to know if it is possible to have multiples Realm for the
same Webapps.
With this, if the first Realm fails to authenticate users, it will
automatically use the next Realm.

Imagine, a JNDI Realm for LDAP users and JDBC Realm for others kind of
people or in case of
crash of the first JNDI Realm.

Kind Regards,

Farid

Re: Multiple Realm in Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Farid Izem wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have successufully configure my Tomcat to use ldap service to authenticate
> my users.
> Now, i would like to know if it is possible to have multiples Realm for the
> same Webapps.
> With this, if the first Realm fails to authenticate users, it will
> automatically use the next Realm.

This functionality is not provided in Tomcat. You would need to write
a custom realm to achieve this.

Mark