Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2012/12/05 14:05:22 UTC

The shard called `properties`

Hi,

We're suddenly seeing a shard called `properties` in the cloud graph page when testing today's trunk with a clean Zookeeper data directory. Any idea where it comes from? We have not changed the solr.xml on any node.

Thanks

RE: The shard called `properties`

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, the main problem with it didn't really occur to me until I saw the properties shard in the cluster view.
>
> I started working on the UI to ignore it the other day and then never got there because I was getting all sorts of weird 'busy' errors from svn for a while and didn't have a clean checkout.

It occurs to me that the introduction of this "properties" value is
actually a back compat break anyway (since older clients won't know
it's not a real shard).
Seems like we should just bite the bullet and do it right.

{"collection1": {
    "config" : "myconf"
    "router" : "compositeId",
    "shards" : {