Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gary Aitken <op...@dreamchaser.org> on 2012/06/27 07:18:01 UTC

read (MS 2000) access (.mdb) file?

I was searching and came upon some (old, oo 1.x and 2.x) posts about reading ms access .mdb files via oo.  Is this still possible, and if so, can someone give me a pointer?  I don't see connection to an access db an option in the base drop-down.  I don't need to write it; just want to be able to read it to convert to mysql.  Or is there an open-source / free converter available somewhere?

Thanks,

Gary

Re: read (MS 2000) access (.mdb) file?

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Gary,

Gary Aitken schrieb:
> I was searching and came upon some (old, oo 1.x and 2.x) posts about
> reading ms access .mdb files via oo.  Is this still possible, and if
> so, can someone give me a pointer?  I don't see connection to an
> access db an option in the base drop-down.  I don't need to write it;
> just want to be able to read it to convert to mysql.  Or is there an
> open-source / free converter available somewhere?

Please try the description
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Connecting_to_Microsoft_Access.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: read (MS 2000) access (.mdb) file?

Posted by Joost Andrae <Jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

it's some time ago when I tried it but it was possible to create a
database connection on Windows via ODBC by using the MS JET engine.
Therefor you had to configure an existing .mdb file as ODBC connection
within the Jet engine's option page within the system panel.
I'm not sure if this is possible anymore as the Jet engine is a bit aged.

Am 27.06.2012 07:18, schrieb Gary Aitken:
> I was searching and came upon some (old, oo 1.x and 2.x) posts about reading ms access .mdb files via oo.  Is this still possible, and if so, can someone give me a pointer?  I don't see connection to an access db an option in the base drop-down.  I don't need to write it; just want to be able to read it to convert to mysql.  Or is there an open-source / free converter available somewhere?

Kind regards, Joost