Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Kevin Waterson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/09 05:03:59 UTC

Re: Google Cloud Platform

Was hoping somebody else had.. not sure where to start... :)

Re: Google Cloud Platform

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
I would also recommend creating a jira for the support of metron deployment
to GCP, as a peer deployment to the EC2.  With some of the requirements for
such support

On August 9, 2018 at 09:29:48, Justin Leet (justinjleet@gmail.com) wrote:

Unfortunately, I have no familiarity with GCP at all, but a good place to
start *may* be by reverse engineering some of our EC2 instructions
<https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2>.
You might be able to sub in GCP steps as needed for provisioning and more
or less follow the internal instructions otherwise.  Keep in mind Metron
itself is deployed via Ambari, so as long as you can get a Hadoop cluster
up and running, the RPMs out and installed + the mpack, you should at least
be able to take a good stab at getting things up and running.

I'd be curious if anyone has any GCP experience at all and would know if
this is a reasonable approach.

If you do make an attempt, I'd definitely like to hear back on how it goes,
and what issues where hit, etc.

Justin

Re: Google Cloud Platform

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
Completely agree with Justin here.  I have not used GCP, but I would think
that it is not any different than the approach we have for AWS.

Definitely reach back and let us know.  We always welcome doc PRs ;)

Casey

Re: Google Cloud Platform

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.