Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Erik Huddleston <er...@erik.net> on 2000/04/26 04:30:16 UTC

RE: [NB-EAP] Exposing CVS/Custom Actions from another module on D ataLoaders

<snip>
> I would like to ask those browsing this list, what would you
> prefer to happen when an Ant target executes (if you have a
> better idea please suggest it but also select the best of these
> options):
>
> 1) All output status from the "build" (all targets) is printed to
> a tab or the output window (the module lets you pick either case)
> and only the output from "javac" tasks is hyperlinked to mounted
> source directories to allow for bringing up the line in which errors
> occur.
>
> 2) All output status from the "build" is printed to a tab or output
> window /except/ javac tasks, which are integrated into the IDE and
> use it's default processing for display of compiler output. This
> would allow the same hyperlinkage to error lines as above
> albeit being
> displayed in it's own context (separate from the rest of the build).

My personal preference would be 1).  2) would be nice, but only if the data
also appeared along with the other tasks.  Of course, in the latter case it
would be acceptable for hyperlinking to only occur in the compiler output
window.

<snip>

Erik
--