Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carole Hebrard <ca...@netcelo.com> on 2002/02/14 17:12:40 UTC

Ajp13ConnectionHandler and Pool exhausted

Hi.

I use a Tomcat 3.2.4 server under Apache 1.3.22 on Linux. I use AJP13
protocol between Tomcat and Apache. I want to limit the number of
threads in Tomcat. So I use  the followings parameters:
            <Parameter name="max_threads" value="10"/>
            <Parameter name="max_spare_threads" value="3"/>
            <Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="2" />
My problem appears when more than 10 users access my server at the same
time. Tomcat logs the following message: "ThreadPool: Pool exhausted
with 10 threads." which is normal but even if all users leave, Tomcat no
more responds to new users. New users wait until HTTP timeout.

I try the same test with an HttpConnectionHandler and the behaviour is
different. When users have finished and only less than 10 users still
access the server, Tomcat responds to new users. This is the behaviour I
think is correct and I expect for.

Can anyone tell me why Tomcat no more responds when it is configured
with an Ajp13ConnectionHandler ?

Thank in advance.
Carole.