Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Juan Rivera <Ju...@citrix.com> on 2003/09/09 19:26:58 UTC

ErrorDocument and ProxyPass rules

I'm trying to figure out how you can configure ErrorDocument when using
ProxyPass / http://webserver/

The problem is that if I use a URL like ErrorDocument 502 /error/502.html it
will be proxied instead of picking the file locally.

Any suggestions on how you can configure this?

Juan

Re: ErrorDocument and ProxyPass rules

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Juan Rivera wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how you can configure ErrorDocument when using
> ProxyPass / http://webserver/
>
> The problem is that if I use a URL like ErrorDocument 502
> /error/502.html it will be proxied instead of picking the file locally.

You haven't said which Apache you are using, but with v2.0 if memory
serves you can do this:

ProxyPass /error/ !

Which means don't proxy anything under /error/.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: ErrorDocument and ProxyPass rules

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Juan Rivera wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how you can configure ErrorDocument when using
> ProxyPass / http://webserver/
>
> The problem is that if I use a URL like ErrorDocument 502 /error/502.html it
> will be proxied instead of picking the file locally.
>
> Any suggestions on how you can configure this?

Add
ProxyPass /error !
BEFORE the existing ProxyPass directive.
See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

Joshua.