Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/12/10 14:32:24 UTC

Current status?

Dear HTrace Podling,

I was wondering what your current status is.  There is no report filed, and very low on list activity.  Is it time to begin retirement discussions?

John

Re: Current status?

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 15, 2017, at 11:31, Stack wrote:
> Yeah. Its not looking good. No work done since the Mike Drob prompted
> thread on to-attic or not.
>
> If not progress in March of next year, lets put it out of its misery? I say
> this because I have a (totally ridiculous probably) thought that I can make
> some progress here in new year.
>
> If that too much to ask, I won't raise objection of others want to send
> htrace to the attic.

That makes sense.  I think we should be clear that the progress we would like to see is in downstream integration, rather than major changes to the library itself.  Using current versions of the library in HBase and Accumulo would be a good start.

best,
Colin

Re: Current status?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.