Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/08/19 12:20:47 UTC

[IMAP] store api changes

Hi there,

I' currently looking for ways to make it easier to create high
performant Mailbox implementations while reusing the store api. I
think there are some things we should change to allow this.

* We should return only the uid of the message if nothing more is needed
* We should move some stuff to an abstract MessageMapper
implementation to make it easier to override and handle it different
and still be able to use the store api.

For this I opened a jira and attached a patch whic hshows the idea..
I'm still not 100% sure if its really a good idea, so feedback is
welcome :)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-202

Bye,
Norman

Re: [IMAP] store api changes

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

just added another diff to the issue which show an other attemp to
make the api more flexible. I think I like it more then the first
one.. please review ;)

Bye,
Norman