Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/06/04 21:39:23 UTC

[HttpClient] Tutorial is content complete and ready for review

[Cross-posting to the user list]

Folks

I finished writing the HttpClient tutorial and tidying up javadocs. This
is all I can do without other people contributing. So, this is pretty
much as good as it gets.

Feel free to review the tutorial and javadocs and give your feedback. If
you find some areas still lacking content, let me know, or better yet,
just contribute it. At the very least, could someone please proof-read
the tutorial and correct my Ruslish where appropriate?

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpClientTutorial

If no major bugs are reported, the next official release of HttpClient
can be expected within 4 to 6 weeks. I personally think HttpClient 4.0
is stable enough to be released as 4.0 GA, but it is a matter of another
discussion.

Evil Comrade Oleg

Re: [HttpClient] Tutorial is content complete and ready for review

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> [Cross-posting to the user list]
>
> Folks
>
> I finished writing the HttpClient tutorial and tidying up javadocs. This
> is all I can do without other people contributing. So, this is pretty
> much as good as it gets.
>
> Feel free to review the tutorial and javadocs and give your feedback. If
> you find some areas still lacking content, let me know, or better yet,
> just contribute it. At the very least, could someone please proof-read
> the tutorial and correct my Ruslish where appropriate?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpClientTutorial
>
> If no major bugs are reported, the next official release of HttpClient
> can be expected within 4 to 6 weeks. I personally think HttpClient 4.0
> is stable enough to be released as 4.0 GA, but it is a matter of another
> discussion.
>
> Evil Comrade Oleg

It is unfortunate no one found time to review the tutorial. So, we will
have to live with what we have.

I'll lock down the version in Wiki sometime next week and start
converting the actual content to the docbkx format.

Oleg