Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by De...@McKGenMed.com on 2002/07/11 14:41:21 UTC

Upgrade to Apache 1.3.26 or 2.0.39

I am currently running Apache 1.3.12.
Based on an article in Computerworld - Apache Flaw puts web servers at risk
- it is recommended to upgrade to 1.3.26 or 2.0.39 to correct the problem.
I cannot find any good information on which version is recommemded.  Also,
I am looking for procedures on upgrading.  What happens to the files I have
configured for 1.3.12?  Is this overlayed or do I need to uninstall?
Is anyone else facing this same upgrade? Any direction would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Upgrade to Apache 1.3.26 or 2.0.39

Posted by Dmitry Medvedev <me...@rsdsoft.msk.ru>.
Good day. Upgrading is not difficult, first you _should_ back up all your
data regarding the web server - conf files etc.
Still, on win (and maybe on lin) the upgrade does not kill anything.

Regards,
            Dmitry.
:-)
Developer Express inc.