Posted to announce@apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org> on 2011/04/27 16:43:30 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M3 has been released !

The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M3 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache LDAP client API is an ongoingeffort to provide an enhanced
LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and
Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but
should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
layer could be added or used in the near future. *It includes an OSGi
based plugin framework for extending the API.*

This is the first official milestone (two others have already been
released but not announced), we will release few more milestone versions
before a release candidate,  but the current version has already been
validated in Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory Server. Its
documentation is currently under construction.

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Web site : http://directory.apache.org/api/
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

Cordialement,