Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1998/05/09 00:13:27 UTC

ap_add_version_component and ap_set_version

Hmmmm... Am I reading this right? Once ap_set_version is called, then
ap_add_version_component can no longer be called, right, because
version_locked is true? Well, it can be called, but it no longer
does anything...

Re: ap_add_version_component and ap_set_version

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Hmmmm... Am I reading this right? Once ap_set_version is called, then
> ap_add_version_component can no longer be called, right, because
> version_locked is true? Well, it can be called, but it no longer
> does anything...

Correct - until the pool is cleaned up at server reconfig time.
This is to keep a misplaced call to ap_add...() from adding
more stuff to it - say, if the call were put into a per-request
module callback (or worse, a directory merger).  It's only modifiable
during the module init phase.

#ken	P-)}