Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by br...@v365.com.au on 2012/10/14 03:51:01 UTC

OpenStack Cloud - lets show the world how itsdone!?

Hello,

yes, we don't need to accept and react to what other
"dicks" say, as they seem
to have their own agenda. Monkey see Monkey
do mentality. So if others are throwing crap, then lets all throw
crap???? Whhhaaattttt ??? ... is that a mature response.... think about
it perhaps for a few microseconds.... before you put finger to
keyboard!

Its really a sad endorsement on human civilization how
backward things are becoming
because of defamatory comments on face book
and twitter, or a commercial group like Gartner. Politics in
IT/Engineering.... Who would have though!!! LOL they can take their
politics and shove it!

The reaction is often anger and further
retaliatory angry comments, everyone gets embroiled on the bandwagon,
and it escalates/snowballs to personal attacks etc, to vent their anger
or points of view.

How many of them would say that to your face, or a
board of directors?

Lets all agree to ignore it and not react, use it
constructively to improve Cloudstack. In a word, be MATURE.

As a user
of cloud stack i can say this. When there is a problem, it gets fixed,
and alot faster than in traditional software dev houses, because its
your code, your own piece of something that makes a greater whole. You
and we the community are proud of that achievement, as its no small
feat!

Nothing worth building will get done in a day, and if we are all
united and strong, and don't get tempted to join the other Monkeys in
this world. then we can advance IT forward... god know it needs to move
on atm.

so be STRONG and be PROUD! CloudStack is growing up very
quickly!

Bruce.

On 14.10.2012 01:11, David Nalley wrote:
> Hi folks:
>

> So a couple of comments.
> I appreciate the level of passion seen in
this thread - it tells me
> that people love CloudStack. That said, open
source projects competing
> among themselves is almost always fruitless.
The world is large enough
> for two, three, or more open source IaaS
projects. (Just like the
> world is big enough for PostgreSQL and MySQL;
Red Hat, Ubuntu, SLES,
> Slackware, and others.) In short, this
project's goal is not to beat
> OpenStack. The goal is to be a useful,
stable, community-led
> Infrastructure-as-a-Service open source
project.

> When you see articles that contain misinformation, it's
perfect
> acceptable to provide corrections. It's also important to
catch what
> they see as legitimate defects - file those as bugs, and
lets correct
> them. Far more valuable though, IMO, is that we spend our
time doing
> the the following two things:
> 1. Testing, fixing, and
documenting Apache CloudStack so that it is
> the best IaaS platform
available. (Have you tested the latest 4.0.0 RC
> builds?)
> 2. Telling
the story of how/why we use CloudStack (notice I didn't say
> why it's
better, or why it beats $foo project)

> To that end, John Kinsella
has been working with Apache Infrastructure
> to get an Apache
CloudStack planet setup where we can aggregate such
> blogs, so watch
for updates on this front and consider aggregating
> your blog there,
but don't hesitate to start blogging now :)