Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Lalit Sahoo <la...@sonata-software.com> on 2006/11/23 13:00:03 UTC

Exception occure while connecting through HTTPS

Hi All,

While I am trying to connect to secure site like the following url from HttpClient I am getting exception.

url = https://www.verisign.com/

I am getting following exception:

java.net.UnknownHostException: www.verisign.com
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.c
reateSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:79)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$
1.doit(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:90)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$
SocketTask.run(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:157)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Unable to connect to 'http://www.verisign.com/'

Can any body help me in finding what is wrong?

Regards,
Lalit

Re: Exception occure while connecting through HTTPS

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Lalit,

> While I am trying to connect to secure site like the following url
> from HttpClient I am getting exception.
>
> url = https://www.verisign.com/
>
> I am getting following exception:
>
> java.net.UnknownHostException: www.verisign.com
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>
> Can any body help me in finding what is wrong?

The host "www.verisign.com" is unknown.
Check your DNS settings. Make sure you can resolve
the hostname from a command line using "ping". If
you are using a proxy, check the DNS setings of the
proxy as well.

hope that helps,
  Roland