Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/10 05:04:17 UTC

Openmeetings "manual" cluster

Hello Sebastian,

I currently have code adding basic clustering functionality to OM.
What do you think should it be commited into trunk?

Limitations of this implementation:
1) There should be 1 database configured for all OM servers participating
in cluster
2) OM/upload and OM/streams should be configured shared (using NFS/Samba
etc.)
3) All Rooms and Users should have "Om Server" manually assigned via admin
4) REST/SOAP calls have no ability to set server for the user/room

I can commit current version into the trunk today if this feature will be
considered necessary

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Openmeetings "manual" cluster

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
AFAIR,
That's not justin.tv replacement.

Maxim makes the stream from the client to one of the servers, like justintv

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
That was an idea :)
But in case such streaming is possible - the room can have 5-10 active
participants and all "viewers" can go directly to youtube or justin.tv

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.