Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/08 18:32:41 UTC

CXF - Support 2-way SSL?

Does CXF support two way SSL?  And if so, is this done purely through the
configuration of http:conduit?

Based on the following blogs, there is some good SSL information:

http://aruld.info/programming-ssl-for-jetty-based-cxf-services/
http://www.knowledgetip.com/index.php/home/software-development/1-java/32-sslauthentication
http://www.quendor.org/archiv/428#comments

But I don't see anything that essentially describes 2-way SSL.

The following is a snippet of my http:conduit...and I missing anything:

	        .*_EXPORT_.*
	        .*_EXPORT1024_.*
	        .*_WITH_DES_.*
	        .*_WITH_NULL_.*
	        .*_RSA_.*
	        .*_DH_anon_.*

Thanks,

Jay

RE: CXF - Support 2-way SSL?

Posted by Sven Zethelius <sv...@expedia.com>.
I'm not sure of the XML declaration, but the code to support 2 way SSL (Mutual Authentication) is there.  I'm pretty sure the XML support is there, I just don't use it so don't know the particulars.

org.apache.cxf.configuration.jsse.TLSClientParameters.setKeyManagers(...) is what would enable 2-way on the client.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 12:32:41 PM jaybytez wrote:
> Does CXF support two way SSL?

Honestly, I have no idea.   I assume the answer is yes.

> And if so, is this done purely through the
> configuration of http:conduit?

Yep.

Not sure what to suggest without a testcase or even a stack trace as to what's
happening.    My initial inclination is to suggest you change your definition
to use a url name.  Like:

 <http:conduit name="https://localhost:8443/.*">

(note the .* wildcard on the end)

To make sure it's being picked up.    That's one of the main problems is not
getting the name right on that and thus the settings are getting picked up
properly.

Dan

> Based on the following blogs, there is some good SSL information:
>
> http://aruld.info/programming-ssl-for-jetty-based-cxf-services/
> http://www.knowledgetip.com/index.php/home/software-development/1-java/32-s
> slauthentication http://www.quendor.org/archiv/428#comments
>
> But I don't see anything that essentially describes 2-way SSL.
>
> The following is a snippet of my http:conduit...and I missing anything:
>

> 	        .*_EXPORT_.*
> 	        .*_EXPORT1024_.*
> 	        .*_WITH_DES_.*
> 	        .*_WITH_NULL_.*
> 	        .*_RSA_.*
> 	        .*_DH_anon_.*
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jay

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: CXF - Support 2-way SSL?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
For 1-way SSL, the client just needs to trust the server, so the
client needs a truststore, and the server needs a keystore. For 2-way
SSL, the server also needs to trust the client, so they both need a
keystore and truststore configured, and the server policy must be
configured to demand a client cert, e.g.:

<sec:clientAuthentication want="true" required="true"/>

Colm.