Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Pragneshkumar Gandhi <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/25 11:57:48 UTC

PLS PLS HELP ME

HI all
I go thru the componen refernce of jmeter but
Still i am blank about creating modification manager.
My(Jmeter) control panel does not have any link to crete
Modification manager

my test is

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ThreadGroup name="ioncdThread" numThreads="1">
<controllers>
<HttpTestSample
type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HttpTestSample"
name="ioncdTest">
<defaultUrl>
<ConfigElement
type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig">
<property name="port">8101</property>
<property name="PROTOCOL">http</property>
<property name="arguments"><Arguments>
</Arguments>
</property>
<property name="domain">192.195.172.15</property>
<property name="path"></property>
<property name="method">GET</property>
</ConfigElement></defaultUrl>
<urlList>
<ConfigElement
type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig">
<property name="name">servlet</property>
<property name="PROTOCOL">http</property>
<property name="arguments"><Arguments>
<argument name="query">show me black shirts</argument>
</Arguments>
</property>
<property name="domain"></property>
<property
name="path">/ioncd/servlet/IONCdServlet</property>
<property name="method">POST</property>
</ConfigElement>
</urlList>
<configElements>
</configElements>
<controllers>
</controllers>
</HttpTestSample>

</controllers>
<configElements>
</configElements>
<timers>
<Timer type="org.apache.jmeter.timers.ConstantTimer"
name="Constant Timer">
<delay>300</delay>
<range>0.0</range>
</Timer>

</timers>
<listeners>
<Filer type="org.apache.jmeter.reporters.Filer" name="File
Reporter" verbose="true" append="false"
file="E:&#92;pragnesh&#92;time"/>
</listeners>
</ThreadGroup>

Quite simple
It is Working but i wanna to pass dynamic argument to the
parameter of servlet.
All these arguments are in one text file
How do u pass to Servlet
i go thru html link parser but did not get anything
Can anybody Help
need The Help Desparetely
Thanks

=====
Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip round the Sun.

Regards,
Pragneshkumar Gandhi,
India.

Re: PLS PLS HELP ME

Posted by Pragneshkumar Gandhi <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Tanya
First Off All
Thank you very much for spending Time For me.
Even My test plan is Also Working bcoze It has nothing just

Test Plan
   - Thread Group
   - HTTP Request Defaults (for domain and port)
   - HTTPRequest (a request which returns
     the form for talking to your servlet)
Is This much only
I just Wanna to test the Performance of the Servlet
A one servlet only
This servlet is doing so many thing
It calls it native methods which are in c and using NLP
And AI it parse the query (which are passing to it) and
redirect the control to some respective Jsp page.
now shall i  have to create N number of test page for N
numbe rof Queries ??
like this

 HTTP Request 1
 HTTP Request 2
 HTTP Request 3

 HTTP Request n

ANd my Jmeter Control pane not showing link to modificatio
Manger uder Controller Tab
What is Wring with It ??

Some Body from List sugest me to use
html Link parser and Modification Manager For Dynamic Value
pass in Test Plan

Bye

=====

Re: PLS PLS HELP ME