Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/27 22:27:17 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "HighValueFixCandidates" by KatheyMarsden

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KatheyMarsden:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HighValueFixCandidates

New page:
'''Table of Contents'''
[[TableOfContents(2)]]

== About this page  ==
Normally users indicate which bugs they would like to see fixed using the Jira Vote mechanism. (The issues with the most votes can be seen [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:popularissues-panel here]). This Wiki page is where members of the development community and those involved in support and QA can list fixes that they see as giving a potentially high return on time investment based on:

 * Frequency and likelihood the issue might be hit by users.
 * Estimated difficulty of fix.
 * Risk to existing users if the fix is implemented.
 * Severity of the issue.
 * Availability of a workaround.

Listings are by branch as some fixes are not appropriate for the maintenance branches.  Please add issues to the lists or remove/move them if they do not seem appropriate for the branch.

== High value 10.1 Branch Bug Fixing Candidates ==
These are issues that would be great to see fixed in the maintenance branch. Once fixed in the trunk, an assessment should be made of whether they are appropriate for port to 10.1.
|| JIRA_ISSUE   ||  SUMMARY    	|| COMMENTS ||

== 10.1 Branch Porting Candidates ==
Many bugs have been fixed in trunk that would be valuable to users in the maintenance branch.  They have already been fixed and just need someone to port them to the 10.1 branch where folks can use them.  Porting fixes made by others is a great way to learn about Derby!

|| JIRA_ISSUE   ||  SUMMARY    	|| COMMENTS ||

== High Value Trunk Bug Fixing Candidates ==
These are major fixes that are important to users but not appropriate for the maintenance branch.

|| JIRA_ISSUE   ||  SUMMARY    	|| COMMENTS ||

Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "HighValueFixCandidates" by KatheyMarsden

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

>> The following page has been changed by KatheyMarsden:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HighValueFixCandidates
>

> I am interested in porting some trunk fixes to 10.1.3, specifically:
>  - DERBY-125
>  - DERBY-170
>  - DERBY-491

Hey, that's great!

> Is there a checklist or simple summary of the mechanics of
> doing this? I assume it's something like:
>  - check out a copy of the branch
>  - issue the appropriate svn merge command
>  - study the results
>  - build and test
>  - ready to commit

..,
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenOneThreeRelease
See: "How to fix a bug for the 10.1.3 release."

Thanks Bryan !

Kathey

Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "HighValueFixCandidates" by KatheyMarsden

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> The following page has been changed by KatheyMarsden:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HighValueFixCandidates

I am interested in porting some trunk fixes to 10.1.3, specifically:
  - DERBY-125
  - DERBY-170
  - DERBY-491

Is there a checklist or simple summary of the mechanics of
doing this? I assume it's something like:
  - check out a copy of the branch
  - issue the appropriate svn merge command
  - study the results
  - build and test
  - ready to commit

But it would be nice if somehow could point me at a more fleshed-out
checklist, if one exists.

thanks,

bryan