Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Fabian Richter <f....@sirrix.com> on 2017/09/15 09:14:15 UTC

Disble temporary file caching with MTOM

Hi!

We are using CXF within TomEE 1.7.4 as the JAX-RS and JAW-WS
implementation.

We are exposing REST and SOAP (with MTOM enabled) interfaces and are
redirecting streams internally through our encryption beans, so data
that is being uploaded via REST or SOAP is encrypted "on-the-fly".

Unfortunately CXF creates temporary cache directories and files for each
upload on both interfaces (REST and SOAP) in java.io.tmpdir, of course,
unencrypted, which contradicts our security requirements to not have
files stored unencrypted on the server at all.

Is there a possibility to disable this "caching" in CXF and use _actual_
streaming for file handling? We are talking about files > 1GB, RAM is
not an issue.

Thanks in advance and best
Fabian