Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by DKN <de...@in.ibm.com> on 2011/06/14 11:50:58 UTC

Re: extending demux

Eric, Thanks for summarizing it here. I am able to now create successfully my
parsers and see that up in HICC (using the trunk .. ) I had to find my own
ways of a development methodology though .. using eclipse.

A few questions :

> When is the reducer parser invoked ? What is the purpose of the reducer
> and if there are any best practices around it.
> The HICC UI sets the start time to be (now - an hour) making it a bit NOT
> so real time .. Is there a way to override it so that we start seeing
> something as and when data starts getting populated in HBase .. I think
> this should be possible, given that we have HBase storing the latest and
> greatest information.
> If I want to generate my own reports and use the built in 'flot' library,
> are there examples that I can look up in the trunk ?

Having to extend demux with our custom parsers appear really promising and
opens up a lot of opportunities. We will need to see how best we can make
this framework "customizable" for custom defined data types.

Many thanks ..  DKN

Re: extending demux

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi DKN,

Chukwa ant build system could use some improvements and features like mvn eclipse:eclipse to generate project file for eclipse.  I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-590 to tackle this issue.  For building software on top of Chukwa, it would be nice to add "power by Chukwa" to advertise and attract more developers.  Thanks for the feedbacks.  :)

Regards,
Eric