Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2002/06/13 16:00:59 UTC

Re: Cocoon dictionnary (XML wiki)

On Thursday 13 June 2002 15:53, Diana Shannon wrote:
>. . .
> 3. That we implement, when possible, an XML-based
> approach/implementation of wiki, to facilitate integration with Forrest
> documentation architecture.
>. . .

I think that's what Oliver Rossel's wikiland project is about: a Cocoon-based
wiki that provides XHTML content.

Another option is MoinMoinWiki (http://moin.sourceforge.net/) which allows
content to be edited in the regular Wiki way but provides an alternative XML
view of this content. It's written in Python, so I don't know if it's easier
to host than Cocoon.

MoinMoinWiki seems fairly mature though, with good diffs display (invaluable
to know what's going on when everyone is allowed to write ;-), subscriptions
to pages etc.

-Bertrand