Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by 王苹 <22...@qq.com> on 2018/01/03 06:22:32 UTC

any parameters can change "hive" user when using sentry-hdfs sync

Hi Experts,We have customers using sentry on CDH for data access control and enabled HDFS syhc function.
The files that associated with hive tables will be changed to hive:hive own.
I did not find any documentation for the design, but our customer do not want use "hive" user as the file owner.
Is there any parameters can change this user?

Thanks for any help!!

回复:any parameters can change "hive" user when using sentry-hdfs sync

Posted by 王苹 <22...@qq.com>.
Hi Kalyan,
Appreciate your quick help.
CDH CM does not make "entry.authorization-provider.hdfs-user" visible, I added it manually on CM.
Anyway, it works now.
Thanks a lot!!

Posted by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com>.
You can use below listed properties for that

   - sentry.authorization-provider.hdfs-user
   - sentry.authorization-provider.hdfs-group

These should be available in hdfs-site.xml file used by namenode. If
you are using CM, you may have to use safety valve to override the
default configuration.

-Kalyan