Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Ba...@thomsonReuters.com on 2010/11/02 17:50:24 UTC

logging question when using the example to embed the ftp server

I am receiving the following message when using the example to embed the
FTP server.

(org.apache.ftpserver.usermanager.impl.PropertiesUserManager).

Any pointers on this will be helpful. For example, I can create the
log4j properties file but do not know where to put it or where to define
the path to this file.

Thanks.

Bill

RE: logging question when using the example to embed the ftp server

Posted by Ba...@thomsonreuters.com.
Andy,

Thanks. This did take care of my problem.

Bill

> I am receiving the following message when using the example to embed
> the FTP server.

> (org.apache.ftpserver.usermanager.impl.PropertiesUserManager).

> Any pointers on this will be helpful. For example, I can create the
> log4j properties file but do not know where to put it or where to
> define the path to this file.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Bill

Bill,

This is really dependent on how you start up the ftp server. If you are
doing it from command line you would do something like this:

java -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/some/where/log4j.properties ...

The important parts are:

   -Dlog4j.configuration=file:

    and the location

    /some/where/log4j.properties

    (or the xml equivalent)

If you are using a java wrapper, then you would define it in the
wrapper.conf file:

 # Java Additional Parameters

wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/some/where/log4j.p
roperties

---

Andy

Re: logging question when using the example to embed the ftp server

Posted by Andy Thomson <a1...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:50:24 -0500