Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Harald Ommang <ha...@ommang.com> on 2003/03/25 21:59:17 UTC

Re: Removing the Jakarta Jetspeed Portal information from the Browser title

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:52:13 -0800 (PST), "Wilson, Allen" wrote:

> Good Afternoon...
>
> I know this may be a stupid question but I have racked my brains trying
> to find it.
>
> Can any tell me how to remove the words Jakarta Jetspeed Portal from the
> browser title.
>
> I have already changed the title line in the .psml files but some how
> this still shows up in the title bar.
>
> Also could someone point out where the index.jsp page can be located for
> editing (when I open the one in the root directory into only has forward
> page information).
>
> Thanks....Allen

I had to look for that one, too...

It is in JetspeetResources.properties:
portalpage.title_prefix=Jakarta Jetspeed Portal:

You could change it there, but I recommend setting up your own properties file
to override the settings you want. This makes it easier to upgrade Jetspeed.

Do that by changing in the file WEB-INF/web.xml.

In there, I've done like this:

        <init-param>
            <param-name>properties</param-name>
            <param-value>
              WEB-INF/conf/harald.properties
            </param-value>
        </init-param>

You only need to put the properties you want to override. Be sure to put
this as the last line in your own properties file:
include = TurbineResources.properties

There is no other index.jsp to edit. The first page you see is based on the
current layout for the anon user, and is given by the pmsl for that user.
You can change tha first page of your portal by logging on as an administrator
and use the PMSL Browser and change the portlet setup for the anon user.

Harald