Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Olivier Brand <ol...@intraware.com> on 2001/03/30 00:10:20 UTC

Load Balancing issues ?

All,

Looking at the code, I have noticed that load balancing could be an
issue because of information stored in the ServletContext (usually not
shared in a Cluster) and on the filesystem.

I believe that changing the mode of an application server cluster to do:
sticky-load balancing should work fine. This means that once a user
hists an app server, he (or she) stays on it for the lifetime of the
session.

The only thing to do is to make sure that the services are equally
deployed on all the cluster. (In fact using JNDI or EJB would allow to
centralized the SOAP services.)

A very good feature will be to write another implementation of a
ConfigManager interface to load the services from a remote source (JNDI,

Has anyboby tested the load-balancing features ? Could you share your
experience on such matter ?

Thanks for any hints

Olivier