Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paulo Henrique <pa...@adplabs.com.br> on 2006/11/11 16:33:57 UTC

About HTTPSender not closing the Socket

Hi,

we use Axis 1.1 and are having some problems with TCP connections (there is
a big delay right before the last Fin,Ack of the TCP connection).
Then I took a look at the HTTPSender class and saw that the invoke method
does not close the socket after using it (in a "finally" clause, for
instance).

That is possibly causing problems in our application, cause sometimes the
last Fin,Ack is delaying a lot (such as 7s) and causing us performance
problems...

So, I would like to know if there is any reason why close() is not being
called after the Socket is used.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

Re: About HTTPSender not closing the Socket

Posted by Paulo Henrique <pa...@adplabs.com.br>.

I can tell you that we call the same webservices (host/port/service)
multiple times in different threads...
Does it can be causing this delay on the Fin,Ack ? Have you seen this kind
of problem before?

BTW, current value is (looks like a resource bundle):

optionTimeout00=timeout in seconds (default is 45, specify -1 to disable)

Posted by Paulo Henrique <pa...@adplabs.com.br>.