Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com> on 2004/07/07 21:34:34 UTC

Re: ANNOUNCE: New whitelist source: public companies' domains

Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> writes:

> I've added a new whitelist source: domains of publically-traded
> companies listed at dmoz and Google:
>
>   http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Major_Companies/Publicly_Traded/
>   http://directory.google.com/Top/Business/Major_Companies/Publicly_Traded/
>
> (Public listing in this context means companies that can sell
> stock on U.S. exchanges.  It includes mostly U.S. and some
> foreign companies, from large to small.)

You might want to be more careful about OTC stocks.  I'd suggest
sticking with NASDAQ, NYSE, and any other stock exchanges that don't
include a lot of very small companies.  Or, use any exchange (foreign or
domestic), but remove anything with a market capitalization below say
$100 million.  Of course, remove anyone that spams.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/