Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jordan Frank <jf...@b-ap.com> on 2001/10/12 03:15:02 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 + Cocoon.

Maybe my last message was too long-winded for anyone to bother with. Here's
the short version.
Is anyone successfully using Cocoon with Tomcat 4.0. If so, in the web.xml
for any application using Cocoon, what is your setting for where to find the
cocoon.properties, and on the filesystem, where is the cocoon.properties in
relation to the web.xml. Thanks in advance.

Jordan Frank
jordanf@home.com

Re: Tomcat 4.0 + Cocoon.

Posted by Scott Ahten <pi...@pixelfreak.net>.
Jordan,

I've successfully deployed the Coccoon 2RC1 war file in Tomcat 4.0 on
win2k. You will need to build the cocoon.war file, copy it to the
webapps directory and restart Tomcat. Build and installation
instructions can be found here...

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/install.html

Cocoon was up and running on the first try... the database demos worked
out of the box, as well.

Haven't tried any of the previous versions of cocoon with Tomcat 4.0.

~Scott