Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com> on 2005/07/22 21:08:50 UTC

Stanford logistic regression results

I'm not sure if I forwarded these before, but as part of being here at
CEAS in Stanford, we've been talking a bit to Mike Brzozowski and Andrew
Y. Ng about these results from last year on 3.0.

I think the (very preliminary) logistic regression results warrant
further testing.

Mike is going to dig up his code for us.

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Daniel,

If you get a chance to ask Andrew about his thoughts about Support Vector
Machines (SVM) I would be interested in hearing his answer. I would like to
compare the results of logistic regression with SVM. Perhaps we can try both
on the same data used for the 3.1 perceptron scoring and compare the results
of all three.

 -- sidney