Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Matt McClain <mm...@21technologies.com> on 2008/10/13 21:12:48 UTC

UIMA CPE GUI issue

I'm using the collection processing engine GUI (main method in:
org.apache.uima.tools.cpm.CpmFrame), and I'm having some issues in which
saving the CPE XML descriptor file fails to record all of the analysis
engine parameters correctly.  So, if I edit a configuration, save it,
and then immediately load it, some of the configuration parameters are
changed (the edits are lost).   This doesn't happen all of the time -
the only correlation I can find so far is that it happens when I've
changed a value from the default and then try to change it back to the
default.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and are there any known solutions?  I
didn't see a similar issue in JIRA.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew McClain

Lead Scientist

21st Century Technologies, Inc.

4515 Seton Center Parkway Suite 320

Austin, TX 78759

Phone: 512 342 0010 Extension 240

Email:  mmcclain@21technologies.com <ma...@21technologies.com>

may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.  You should not retain, copy or use this email
for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any
other person.

Re: UIMA CPE GUI issue

Posted by Matt McClain <mm...@21technologies.com>.
Eddie Epstein <ea...@...> writes:

> Matt,
>
> Which analysis engine parameters are we talking about?
>
> By the way, the cpeGui does not support many features of the CPE descriptor.
> It was always more of a demo program.
>
> Eddie

Eddie,
They were a couple of parameters in an analysis engine that I wrote.  I haven't
tried to replicate this on any built-in analysis engines.

Thanks for the tip about the cpeGui, too.  I've been using it as a quick way to
create CPE descriptor files, but maybe I should stop that.

Thanks again,
Matt

Re: UIMA CPE GUI issue

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Which analysis engine parameters are we talking about?

By the way, the cpeGui does not support many features of the CPE descriptor.
It was always more of a demo program.

Eddie