Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com> on 2015/03/26 18:35:25 UTC

Updating NARs on a running cluster

Hi -

I have a 3 node NiFi cluster, and periodically I need to update the custom
NAR we use for our internal projects. Currently I'm just copying the new
NAR into the lib directory on each of the nodes (including the master), and
then restarting each daemon (bin/nifi.sh restart) individually.

I'm curious if there's a better method than the one I'm using. The biggest
downside I'm seeing is that all my processors that I have scheduled to
execute once per day are being kicked off again, which is not the behavior
I want. I don't have these set to use a CRON based schedule, because there
is currently no way of having a CRON scheduled processor run on a single
node.

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com

Re: Updating NARs on a running cluster

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
Alternatively, exposing rolling restarts via the cluster manager would be a
good feature to add, if it doesn't already exist.

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.
ahh...the manual process is tedious for sure, but I wouldn't mind doing it
if it actually worked. Unfortunately, if you have processors that execute
once a day, and need to *only *execute once a day, things can get pretty
tricky.

+1 for rolling restarts via the NCM UI.

+1 for schedule state being saved across restarts

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Updating NARs on a running cluster