Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andy Ames <ag...@surfnetusa.com> on 2002/03/30 00:24:23 UTC

Repainting a GVT tree

How do I repaint a GVT tree in a JSVGCanvas without rebuilding the GVT tree
from the SVG DOM?

The Javadoc for JSVGComponent illustrates the following rendering steps:

1) Building DOM
2) Building GVT
3) Execute SVGLoad events
4) Rendering GVT
5) Update threads started

My question is, how do I re-execute step 4?

Thanks.
Andy

RE: Repainting a GVT tree

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
> How do I repaint a GVT tree in a JSVGCanvas without rebuilding
> the GVT tree
> from the SVG DOM?
>
> The Javadoc for JSVGComponent illustrates the following rendering steps:
>
> 1) Building DOM
> 2) Building GVT
> 3) Execute SVGLoad events
> 4) Rendering GVT
> 5) Update threads started
>
> My question is, how do I re-execute step 4?

You should find what you want in the JGVTComponent under the batik.swing.gvt
package. Everything is protected (that's one of our design rule :)

Thierry.