Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Kiryl Valkovich <ki...@teal.tools> on 2023/02/19 22:37:42 UTC

Modern look for the website

Hi everyone!

I don't think anyone will argue, it’s important to have a fresh-looking website to attract new users.

I decided to try to refresh it a little bit.

Over the weekend I managed to make a home page. I think that I can finish other pages in 1-2 weeks, depending on my workload.

Current version: https://pulsar.apache.org/

New version: https://pulsar-site-three.vercel.app

Draft PR: https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/426

After the redesign, I plan to add a few more pages.

Should I continue?

Re: Modern look for the website

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi @visortelle thank you very much for your awsome job! This is a great
addition to the Pulsar website!

I've checked the design and left my comments at
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/426#issuecomment-1436220520.

Also request more reviews from relevant stakeholders.

Posted by Kiryl Valkovich <ki...@teal.tools>.
I asked only about the home/index/root (/) page look.

Other pages just aren't re-implemented.

I don't know the history behind the previous redesign. I met many situations when people didn't want to consider changes for some reason.

Therefore, I must be sure that the proposed changes most likely will be accepted before investing my time.

From: PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>
Date: Monday, February 20, 2023 at 4:51 AM
To: dev@pulsar.apache.org <de...@pulsar.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Modern look for the website
It looks super cool!

I just found some links that don't work.

The button "Learn more" and "QuickStart" in the index page will forward to 404 page
[cid:ii_leca41v80]

And the case study page looks not coordinated well.

https://pulsar-site-three.vercel.app/case-studies

Thanks for the great job.

Penghui

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
It looks super cool!

I just found some links that don't work.

The button "Learn more" and "QuickStart" in the index page will forward to
404 page
[image: image.png]