Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Johan Stuyts <j....@javathinker.com> on 2007/01/12 09:28:21 UTC

Preventing remote repository access if artifact is already cached

Hi,

Recently I switched to Ivy 1.4.1 and it is working great except that it
opens too many connections to remote repositories in my opinion. If an
artifact is already in the cache, Ivy still connects to the repositories
that were specified before the repository from which the artifact was
cached. Here is example output from a build:
2.0 ]
              tried
C:\home\jstuyts\data\ivy\hippo-open-source\local/javax.jdo/jdo2-api/2.0/ivy-2.0.xml
              tried
C:\home\jstuyts\data\ivy\hippo-open-source\local/javax.jdo/jdo2-api/2.0/jdo2-api-2.0.jar
     CLIENT ERROR: Not Found
url=http://repository.hippocms.org/ivy/javax.jdo/jdo2-api/2.0/ivy-2.0.xml
     CLIENT ERROR: Not Found
url=http://repository.hippocms.org/ivy/javax.jdo/jdo2-api/2.0/jdo2-api-2.0.jar
      hipporep: no ivy file nor artifact found for [ javax.jdo | jdo2-api |
2.0 ]
              tried
http://repository.hippocms.org/ivy/javax.jdo/jdo2-api/2.0/ivy-2.0.xml
              tried
http://repository.hippocms.org/ivy/javax.jdo/jdo2-api/2.0/jdo2-api-2.0.jar
      hippomavenrep: revision in cache: [ javax.jdo | jdo2-api | 2.0 ]
      found [ javax.jdo | jdo2-api | 2.0 ] in hippomavenrep

As you can see Ivy walks down my resolver chain, trying each repository:
'local', 'hipporep' and 'hippomavenrep'. When it reaches 'hippomavenrep',
it stops resolving because the artifact from that repository is already in
the cache.

Is it possible to prevent the access to the 'local' and 'hipporep'
repositories because the artifact is already cached?

Kind regards,

Johan Stuyts